For more than 20 years, Lowcountry AIDS Services has been serving men, women and children living with HIV/AIDS in Berkeley, Charleston and Dorchester counties. LAS provides case management, access to medical care, housing assistance, financial assistance, nutritional assistance and legal assistance along with an array of other supportive services to hundreds in the Charleston area. LAS also works to prevent this epidemic through education, media campaigns, community outreach and free, daily HIV/STD testing.
Lowcountry AIDS Services is a nonprofit organization dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for persons living with HIV and AIDS and to providing HIV prevention resources and programs for schools, churches, community organizations, and the workplace in Charleston, Berkeley, and Dorchester counties.
In carrying out this mission, LAS strives to:
- Provide practical and emotional support to people with HIV/AIDS, their families, friends, and loved ones.
- Educate the public about HIV and AIDS and its prevention, actively confronting discrimination when it interferes with compassionate care for clients.
- Act as an advocacy, resource, and referral agency for people affected by HIV and AIDS.
- Work cooperatively with and provide assistance to the healthcare community and social service organizations.
- Represent the needs of people affected by HIV and AIDS on a local, state, and national level; ensure their fair and equitable treatment; and secure sufficient resources.
Review our 2015 Annual Report for a recap of programs, services and accomplishments as well as recognition of partners, volunteers and donors. Special thanks to Gil Shuler Graphic Design for assistance with this report.
View the LAS Notice of Privacy Practices