Lowcountry AIDS Services offers free, confidential HIV/STD testing at our North Charleston office, 3547 Meeting Street Road.
HIV results can be delivered in 20 minutes.
Testing hours are 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday. No appointment necessary.
While you’re in the office, ask for safer sex kits with free condoms and information about how to protect yourself from HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases.
What to expect with a HIV test:
- We offer HIV and STD testing between 8:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday at our office. No appointment is necessary.
- Tests are free.
- Tests are confidential.
- The test itself involves a simple finger prick to take a blood sample.
- The test is analyzed at our office and results are delivered in about 20 minutes.
- We have staff members available to discuss your results and, even if the test is negative, to talk with you about prevention methods.
- Free condoms are available at our office.
- The HIV test is quick, simple and painless and yet it may be the most important thing you do.
What are the benefits of HIV testing?
- Those who are diagnosed with HIV early are more likely to respond well to treatment and live healthily for a long time.
- Early diagnosis and treatment can reduce the likelihood of onward transmission to others.
- Those who are diagnosed later are more likely to suffer health complications and premature death.